Heat is extracted from the ambient air
How Air Source Heat Pumps Work
Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP) extract heat from the ambient external air to create hot water for your heating system.
Air Source Heat Pumps are an efficient way of heating your property, especially for systems such as underfloor heating where the heat is on low for a longer duration and for radiator heating.
Not only can you save money on fuel bills, but you can also help cut your green house gas emissions.
All of our installs are undertaken by our own fully trained engineers. We have our very own in-house training facility located at our head offices in Warrington. We regularly run training sessions with the manufacturers of the products we use. We will work with you to identify the best position in your property for your new heat pump – our expert team expedite your installation in a courteous and professional manner. Contact us today to discuss your property and we’ll help you choose the right renewable heating system and size based on your individual requirements.
The 5 step process of how Air Source Heat Pumps work
As the ambient air is pulled through the evaporator, refrigerant is circulated through the evaporator.
This raises the temperature of the refrigerant and turns the liquid refrigerant to gas.
The hot gas is then passed through a condenser where the heat is passed onto water.
Once the heat has been removed the hot gas turns back into a liquid to start the cycle again.
Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps
- Less space is required compared to other renewable products because the main unit is located outside.
- They are generally more cost effective to install than alternative renewable heating systems.
- On a well-designed heating system with under-floor heating and an outside air temperature of 7°C, air source heat pumps can reach efficiencies of up to 5.1kW of heat for every 1kW of electricity used. This is known as the COP (Coefficient of Performance). Electric storage heaters have a COP of 1kW of heat to every 1kW of electricity used.
- Can be used with radiators and under-floor heating systems.
- Only 1 fuel bill is required for your home as they only require electricity to run (subject to having a full space heating and hot water install)
- Very reliable as there are no hot burners required.
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) funding available or under the ‘assignment of rights’ scheme from Ofgem we will fit a ASHP for free for you (subject to T&Cs)